Subject: Re: Beware of stale executables in /bin and /sbin
To: Alexis Rosen <alexis@panix.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/06/1997 11:07:01
> You're probably better off identifying the earliest file installed (or,
> much easier, touch a marker file just before you start installing) and then
> use find with "! -newer <earliest-file>".

You're right.  I didn't think about that step, since my 'make build'
usually only takes about 90 minutes.. :)  Anyway, looking at the file
date is not particularly useful from a shell script, but is a nice
quick & dirty manual check.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.