Subject: Re: Buslogic problems
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@deshaw.com>
From: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/1997 13:55:17
>I have a machine that has the following devices; it works fine most of
>the time, unless I need to do an fsck -p or dump and restore. Then I get
>bha0 timed out, and then timed out AGAIN... Any clues?

The first thing I always check when I get those sorts of errors is the
cables and termination.  Especially if there are any external drives.
For some reason, occasionally external cables seem capable of working
them selves loose, without actually having been touched directly by a
human.

Internal cables should be less susceptable to this problem, but who
knows...

On the other hand, you may have already checked all this, and are
looking for other ideas.

  Michael L. VanLoon                           michaelv@MindBender.serv.net