Subject: Re: Recent changes to getnetbyname() causes route to fail
To: None <perry@piermont.com>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@MCS.VUW.AC.NZ>
List: current-users
Date: 08/04/1997 22:24:33
> There were some bugs in libc that Jason fixed in the last couple of
> days. I'd get a new set of sources and rebuild your libc, etc.

Yep.  It looks like my sources (and presumably Paul's) were from a period
sometime between when getnetby* was altered to do DNS lookups and when
Jason added support for looking at the resolv.conf "lookup" directive.
Until Jason's changes I think it always used the DNS first, regardless of
what resolv.conf told it.  The doc/CHANGES file from a newer current has the
following entry in it:

        libc: now that getnetby*() supports BIND lookups (as opposed
                to only files), add support for dispatch for via
                "lookup ..." in /etc/resolv.conf, a'la gethostby*().
                [thorpej 970731]

[Sigh!] Time to "make build" again... :-)

Duncan