Subject: Recent changes to getnetbyname() causes route to fail
To: current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/1997 18:16:24
OK, I noticed the recent changes to getnetbyname(), but it didn't say what
changes were needed in /etc/resolv.conf (or any other configuration file).

So, I didn't make any changes, and now /etc/netstart hangs when trying to
`route add <myhost> localhost' and `route add default ...'

/sbin/route was completely remade from sources current as of this morning,
so it should have all the latest and greatest stuff.  But it fails to
resolve either <myhost> or localhost to an ip address - both host names
are in my /etc/hosts file (in both fully-qualified and unqualified form),
and my /etc/resolv.conf has a line that says `lookup file bind'.  And all
of this worked until I updated to -current.

For now, I've had to comment out the two calls to route so that it won't
hang, and I manually add the necessary route information.

Any other suggestions?

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |