Subject: Re: csh build error
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@nyc.deshaw.com>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/1997 08:21:33
On Sat, 2 Aug 1997, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> This is because there are stale files in bin/csh/
>
> I'll offer the standard recipe:
>
> The ordering is based on cost; after each step, you can retry the make.
>
> make cleandir in csh
> make install new make rules
> make && make install in usr.bin/make
> make includes
> make libs
> call for help
>
> christos

Well, I know the standard recipe!

In fact, I've already done a complete ``make build'' from sources supped
on last Tuesday.  This included doing a complete ``make cleandir'' in the
top-level src directory, as well as installing all the newest make rules,
the newest versions of make and install, all the include files, and all
the libs.  After finally finishing the ``make build'' last night (it takes
several days on a Mac IIci), I went back again this morning, supped the
latest stuff, and tried again, and still got the above errors.

So, now I'm calling for help!

| Paul Goyette       | PGP Public Key fingerprint:  | E-mail addresses:     |
| Network Consultant |     0E 40 D2 FC 2A 13 74 A0  |  paul@whooppee.com    |
| and kernel hacker  |     E4 69 D5 BE 65 E4 56 C6  |  paul_goyette@ins.com |