Subject: Re: New amd missing hesiod support
To: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
From: Greg Hudson <ghudson@mit.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 08/01/1997 14:07:29
> Look in ATHENA-DIST.MIT.EDU:/pub/ATHENA/hesiod.  It's got an ISC and
> an MIT copyright that doesn't seem too harmful...

The MIT Hesiod distribution is geared towards applications.  It should
be fine for testing amd's Hesiod support.  But I would recommend
against incorporating the MIT Hesiod distribution into NetBSD at this
point.  Hesiod is part of BIND 8.1's IRS library (as well as Luke's
nsswitch library, although it may be out of date there) and from an OS
integration point of view the BIND or nsswitch approach makes more
sense.  The core Hesiod routines should then show up in libc.