Subject: Re: IP v6
To: Christopher R. Bowman <crb@glue.umd.edu>
From: Brian D Chase <brianc@carpediem.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/28/1997 00:57:29
On Mon, 28 Jul 1997, Christopher R. Bowman wrote:

> >I actually would have put the pmax tweaks into the NRL or Inria code
> >for my DECstation 3100 at home, but the compile times were so amazingly
> >huge that I could never get up any enthusiasm for rebuilding... 1/2 :-)
>
> You should try make world on a lowly IIci some time!  Where talking the
> better part of a week here, non stop!

Bah! A veritable luxury.  Why you should try compiling world on a MicroVAX
II or VAXstation 2000 (and I won't even go into poor fellows who're using
VAX 11/750's).  On those machines's it takes the better part of a month to
compile world.  Why I *dream* about compiling world on such a powerful
machine as a Mac IIci.

-brian.
Brian D. Chase         Systems Coordinator        brian.chase@carpediem.com
-- Compression, Inc. - 13765 Alton Pkwy, Suite B - Irvine, CA 92618, USA --