Subject: Re: Audio changes
To: Lennart Augustsson <augustss@cs.chalmers.se>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <s_frueau@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/27/1997 22:45:05
Hello!

> I've just commited a bunch of changes to the audio drivers.
> The audio driver can now handle devices that want "looping" DMA,
> e.g. the SoundBlaster.  This means that high data rates can
> now be used; CD quality sound plays without pops and cracks.

I compiled a kernel with your recent changes - and since then I can
crash my sytem by just accessing /dev/audio :-( Unfortunatly there seems
also a problem with wddump - it just gets an error message too - so I
can't provide a crashdump.

My system is a Toshiba Tecra 500 CDT laptop, sb gets recognised like:

sb0 at isa0 port 0x220-0x237 irq 5 drq 1 drq16 1: dsp v3.02

and worked before those changes. I get a crash with a simple

cat never.au > /dev/audio

also with xanim.

Greets
--