Subject: GNU tools and install?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@clydesdale.math.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/1997 14:36:05
Just wondering if anybody else has seen this behavior, or if it's a
local problem that I've somehow created:

It seems like whenever I install a package made with GNU autoconf, the
configure script decides to use /usr/bin/install for its install
program.  This is fine, except that it uses it without the -c flag.
Consequently, if the install targets in the makefiles are even
slightly off, and I have to do the install twice, it fails the second
time, because it will have deleted some important config file or
another, or even just the binary I was trying to compile.

Has anybody else observed this kind of thing happening?

Chris

Chris Jones                                    cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...