Subject: Re: Jul 23 libc.so.12.17 backout
To: Erik E. Fair <fair@clock.org>
From: Thorsten Frueauf <frueauf@ira.uka.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/24/1997 18:54:17
Hello!

> My Sun 3/60 build system went haywire today. I've traced it to a bad shared
> libc, built and installed this morning (Jul 23). I've backed out to the
> previous version (libc.so.12.16), and all the shared binaries are
> complaining (of course).

I see this too on amiga and hp300. I tracked it down to the change at 22.7.:

/src/lib/libc/arch/m68k/string/strcmp.S
/src/lib/libc/arch/m68k/string/strncmp.S

(dunno if both are corrupt or only one - my m68k assembler is not the best :)

Without those changes I got a useable libc again.

> I am now doing a "make cleandir" in anticipation of tomorrow's
> sup/build/snapshot (with luck, maybe I get a clean system this time - well,
> in three days or so, anyway...).

look above, just back out those changes, and it will work again.

> This is just a word of caution to those of you who also might be affected
> if you're tracking -current as closely as I am. This problem does not
> extend to my SPARC build system - so it's likely confined to the m68k ports.

Yup, seems as all m68k ports are affected.

Greets
      Thorsten