Subject: Re: showmount doesn't show all mounts
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@clydesdale.math.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/1997 10:12:49
[re-cc'd to current-users, after I forgot to include it last time]

>> Is it possible for the kernel (which services the NFS requests once
>> the mount is there, right?) to glean the necessary information from
>> a mount reclaim, so that it can forge a mount request to mountd?

CGD> (1) it's not clear that you ever want your kernel "forging"
CGD> anything.

I was thinking that might be the simplest way to get mountd to put an
entry back into mountdtab.

CGD> (2) what's a "mount reclaim"?

I don't know.  :)  Like I said, my knowledge of NFS is pretty weak.  I
was under the impression that there's some procedure that the client
and server go through to re-establish a mount after a server
crash/reboot.  Wasn't there a security bug related to this some time
ago?

Chris

Chris Jones                                    cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...