Subject: Re: showmount doesn't show all mounts
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@clydesdale.math.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/1997 09:49:18

CGD> Of course, immediately before mountd is started, NetBSD's /etc/rc
CGD> clears mountdtab.

This is stressing my knowledge of how NFS works, but...

Is mountdtab the "right" way to do things?  It seems awfully prone to
getting messed up, after all.  If it is the right thing to do,
shouldn't we remove that line from /etc/rc?

Is it possible for the kernel (which services the NFS requests once
the mount is there, right?) to glean the necessary information from a
mount reclaim, so that it can forge a mount request to mountd?

Chris

Chris Jones                                    cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...