Subject: Re: __RCSID in changed libcurses source files
To: None <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
From: Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/1997 11:38:25
>From: Julian Coleman <J.D.Coleman@newcastle.ac.uk>
>Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:10:06 +0100 (BST)
>
>I've been hacking on libcurses recently and noticed a few changes today.  I
>pulled across the files and tried to compile them.  They contain constructs
>like :

Did it fail to compile?  Did you remember to run 'make includes' to
install a current <sys/cdefs.h>?

>#ifndef lint
>#if 0
>static char sccsid[] = "@(#)unctrl.c	8.1 (Berkeley) 6/4/93";
>#else
>__RCSID("$NetBSD: unctrl.c,v 1.7 1997/07/22 07:37:12 mikel Exp $");
>#endif
>#endif /* not lint */
>
>Am I missing something, or shouldn't that be there?  It's just a repeat
>of the first line of the file anyway.

The __RCSID() macro embeds the RCSid into the object file; see
/usr/include/sys/cdefs.h.

>Also what is unctrl.h used for?  It doesn't seem to be included by anything
>in the libcurses distribution.

It's used only by some curses apps, IIRC.
--
Mike Long <mikel@shore.net>                http://www.shore.net/~mikel