Subject: Re: Anything wrong with email system
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1997 15:39:49
> The formula is that there has been more than 50 more failures than
> successful deliveries to a given address.  Each time a bounce is
> received, a counter for that address is incremented by two.  Each
> time a message for a list is sent out, all counters are decremented
> by one.  If the counter is greater than 100, that address will be
> unsubscribed the next time I process the bounces.

Surely that can't be all there is to it, or I (who have received
probably several thousand netbsd.org list messages) would take on the
order of a year to get unsubscribed even if every message to me started
bouncing.

Is there a floor on this counter, or anything equivalent?

					der Mouse

			       mouse@rodents.montreal.qc.ca