Subject: Re: Packages - status?
To: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer@rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Alistair Crooks <azcb0@juno.uts.amdahl.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/21/1997 05:49:18
> Well, subject says it pretty much - can someone please give a report on
> the status of the integration of the NetBSD packages system?

Mea culpa.

The pkg_* tools went into the tree some time ago. Some changes have been
made to tar to support the --fast-read flag. You can construct, install
and delete packages with the pkg_* tools.

To do list:

1. import FreeBSD's bsd.port.mk and bsd.port.subdir.mk files. I was
going to do it a few weeks ago, but there were some changes made which I
wanted to incorporate, and then I went on vacation.

2. Modify our version of patch to support the --check option (it just
checks that any patch would apply cleanly).

3. Add a new category of `packages' to send-pr.

I hope to get these done this week - if I don't, send me mail.

Sorry for the delay - on Friday, I finished a major assignment at work,
so I now have more time.

Alistair