To: Johan Danielsson <joda@pdc.kth.se>
From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1997 15:32:53
On 19 Jul 1997 00:15:38 +0200
 joda@pdc.kth.se (Johan Danielsson) wrote:

 > Would it be possible to add some kind of more intelligent subject to
 > the source-changes mail? `NetBSD master CVS tree commits' does not say
 > very much. How about sticking the common prefix of all check-ins to
 > the subject. This will make it a lot easier to weed out all the vax
 > and vi and whatnot stuff that I'm *so* interested in. :-)

Well...

Commit messages are gathered and mailed every 10 minutes, to cut
down on the number of messages that land in someone's mailbox.

In order to do what you suggest, it could seriously bloat the _number_
of messages that a person gets.

I guess a value judgement needs to be made on which is more desirable.