Subject: new sup ontop of 1.2 source
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/18/1997 12:49:09
Hello,

I've gotten a local (at work) cvs tree going, based off of sup. I have
scripts which do a sup and then update the repository.

Right now, I just do the whole kernel. I want to set up a new repository
at home, and do all of the source.

My idea was to import the 1.2 source, and then use sup&cvs to catch all
the changes.

I certainly will catch all the additions and changes, but what I want to
do is catch all the deletions.

Recently I went from just sup'ping the common kernel & mac68k & i386
parts. When I went to all the kernel source, I got all the changes from
1969, and ended up getting some files that had since been deleted (like
the documentation for pcvt which was moved into more reasonable places).
So I suspect my repository has files which shouldn't be there.

How, when I set this new sup up, can I avoid this problem?

The sup scripts will EMail me with al the file names which should be
deleted. I sup with "backup delete use-rel-suffix" for options.

Suggestions appreciated.

Take care,

Bill