Subject: Re: awk-problem compiling -current
To: None <apriebe@aip.de>
From: Rob Healey <rob-healey@norstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/14/1997 12:45:25
> Hi all,
>
> for a couple of days (can't remember the exact date) I have problems
> compiling -current. I hoped it would go away after another couple of
> sups but without any success ...

	Assuming you have a SPARC system the answer I got in the past was
	basically "tough luck, get a different model of SPARC..." I suspect
	it's a weird code generation issue on SPARCstation 2 CPU's since
	that's where there is a known problem with awk.

	I basically have to rip apart the scripts and generate the files
	on my Solaris box to get it to work... B^(.

	If you aren't on a SPARC then I have no idea although maybe it's
	a related gcc code generation problem on multiple arch's.

		-Rob