Subject: awk-problem compiling -current
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <apr@spade.apc.aip.de>
List: current-users
Date: 07/12/1997 20:17:20
Hi all,

for a couple of days (can't remember the exact date) I have problems
compiling -current. I hoped it would go away after another couple of
sups but without any success ...

A typical example is /bin/sh:

> cd /usr/src/bin/sh
> make cleandir
> make depend
yacc -d arith.y
mv y.tab.c arith.c
lex -8 arith_lex.l
mv lex.yy.c arith_lex.c
cd /usr/src/bin/sh; sh mkbuiltins /usr/src/bin/sh
awk: cmd. line:3: (FILENAME=builtins.def FNR=2) fatal: internal error line 170, file: eval.c

I remeber some mailings on this list stating something similiar (can't find it
in my archive and in the lists archive - neither in the problem reports)
and saying an older libc would help (???).

BTW something similiar happens in my daily insecurity check:
E.g.:

Checking root sh paths, umask values:
/etc/profile /root/.profile
The root path includes .
awk: cmd. line:4: (FILENAME=/etc/master.passwd FNR=2) fatal: internal error line 170, file: eval.c
[...]

Any hints???

TIA

Andreas