Subject: PR #2187 (Access times on FAT filesystems)
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1997 16:48:41
Heyas, I was just wondering if anyone knows that my PR #2187 exists,
and that I also sent a fix for it a few months ago... I haven't heard
anything about it at all :(

BTW, back on Fri, 30 Aug 1996 17:02:51 +0200, ws@kurt.tools.de
(Wolfgang Solfrank) wrote:
> There is, however, a field in the (short name) directory entry, that is
> (apparently) reserved (and ignored) in the Win95 definition, but for which
> NT chkdsk insists to be zero. When I implemented the Win95 extensions (which
> apart from long filenames also support creation date/time and access date),
> I took the liberty to write access time to this field (since it is next to the
> access time field). While this is field is ignored in Win95 and in even in the
> NT4.0 graphical disk scan utility, it looks like this was too much a freedom
> I took here. The field is used for something different in the upcoming 32-bit
> FAT format that M$ is defining. So we'll have to drop the recording of access
> times for msdosfs. I'll fix this in the near future (if noone else beats me
> on it).

Well, I guess I beat him to it :)
Anyways, there were some minor changes to the filesystem code a couple
weeks ago (two or three?) that made my patches break, but I've got a
new set of diffs if anyone's actually interested...
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++