Subject: SCSI reset?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chris Jones <cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/1997 10:01:38
I've got a weird problem:  A DEC disk I have is on a machine that has
a not-completely-consistent power supply.  So, every few days, the
power goes off and back on, and the only piece of hardware affected is
this disk.  It, being a DEC creation, is brilliant enough to not spin
back up; I'm assuming it needs a SCSI bus reset or something similar.
At any rate, once this happens, I get a multitude of "sd0(aic0:3:0):
not ready" messages from the kernel.  Is there any way that I can get
the kernel to spin the disk back up when this happens?  It spins it up
when I boot, so it's obviously within the realm of the possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris

Chris Jones                                    cjones@rupert.honors.montana.edu
           Mad scientist in training...