Subject: Pre-new-cgd-license tree?
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: current-users
Date: 07/06/1997 09:20:47
I just checked this morning's sup, and 26 files in the supped source
tree still have Chris Demetriou's new license on them, the license we
saw so much kafuffle about a week or two ago.

I can only assume that core concluded that this license is acceptable
to them.  This is a Bad Thing for me, because I find that license
unacceptable, but normally it wouldn't matter in a practical sense
because all the relevant files are port-specific support for ports I
don't run.

However, now it appears I may end up with an Intel box at home, and
three of those 26 files will affect an attempt to run NetBSD/i386 on a
modern box: sys/arch/i386/i386/mainbus.c, sys/dev/pci/pci.c, and
sys/dev/pci/ppb.c.  Therefore, my question: does anyone have a
known-working source tree, more recent than 1.2.1 but old enough that
it predates the new cgd license?

					der Mouse