Subject: tcp wrappers Q
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/1997 15:50:10
I'm playing with getting the Appleshare IP Netatalk stuff up on NetBSD.
I've gotten it to compile (and spoken w/ the author about the fixes).

But now it's trying to run and not succeeding.

By default, it uses tcp wrappers. I have no experience with them. I'm
trying this on a 486 running the 1.2D snapshot (soon to be the 1.2G snap).

When I fire up the new code, one of the programs, afpd (the file server
which uses the AppleShare IP stuff) chokes:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: Undefined symbol "_deny_severity" in
afpd:/usr/lib/libwrap.so.0.0

I suspect I've left something out of the link, but what?

I couldn't find any man pages talking about tcp wrappers, except for
tcpdchk and tcpdmatch.

Suggestions?

Take care,

Bill