Subject: Re: Hayes ESP drivers supported?
To: Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@blackhole.arkham.net>
List: current-users
Date: 06/27/1997 16:51:27
Brook Milligan drunkenly mumbled...

> I am interested in using a Hayes ESP card with NetBSD/i386 v1.2.1 (for
> now).  Is this supported?  Is it supported in -current?  Are there
> tricks with using the card?

easy, it is supported without anything special as it will look like a normal
16550 to all OSes for less smart OSes (like DOS and Win95, etc) but when you
recompile a kernel, add this line to your config

options         COM_HAYESP

which will compile in the special support for the ESP card so that NetBSD
treats it like the special thing it is.

this is on a -1.2.1 system, but it should still be there for -current

-brian

--
** Brian Hechinger ** wonko@mail.arkham.net ** http://www.arkham.net **