Subject: Re: termcap's xterm
To: Andrew Brown <codewarrior@daemon.org>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/26/1997 15:26:32
On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Andrew Brown wrote:

> granted, we shouldn't be using something which sounds suspiciously
> intel oriented, but it should be safe to assume that almost everyone
> is using X11R6 at this point, no?

Not really.  Some specific case examples:

- There wasn't anything but R5 for the hp300 port for a long time, and
  there still isn't a functional R6 server.  I suspect there are a bunch
  of hp300 folks still using R5.

- There are still vendors shipping R5-based systems, e.g. the HP 3070
  Series II in-circuit testers (which are based on HP-UX 9.x, which in
  turn has R5).

In any event, do I understand that the current XF86-centric termcap entry
does _not_ work with a stock R6 or R6.3 xterm?  Has anything significant
changed between the R5 and R6 XC xterms?

--scott