Subject: Re: hton64
To: Jason Thorpe <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/25/1997 20:50:08
On Wed, 25 Jun 1997, Jason Thorpe wrote:

:  > I'm helping port the Appleshare IP stuff to netbsd (it's a patched
:  > netatalk), and it needs hton64 & ntoh64. Rather than impliment them just
:  > in netatalk, I'm wondering if we could add them to -current?

: What else uses them?  Are they a good general-purpose thing?

That I know of, nothing, but they would be useful down the line if you need
to have an arch-independent structure with a 64 bit size integer--like a

Sounds good to me, but I'd prefer 'htonq' and 'ntohq' to follow the existing
letter-based system.  (And #define them in netatalk to make the existing
code work.)

== Todd Vierling (Personal; Business Foo-bar-baz! ==
== System administrator/technician, Internet Access Group, Orlando Florida ==
== Dialups in Orange, Volusia, Lake, Osceola counties - ==