Subject: Re: mounting non-BSD partitions.
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1997 16:10:51
On Sat, 21 Jun 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> I think having a sysctl would be good. Letting root change it on the fly'd
> be good (assuming all devices of that type, sd, wd, vnd, are closed). But
> I think we need it configured before then.

Because you don't really know the root device until after it's
mounted. I suppose you could do it twice, once when mounting
root_device on /, and again when mounting whatever the `real root'
is on /, but that introduces its own complications.

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca		Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.		`And malt does more than Milton can
Vancouver, BC   (604) 257-9400		 To justify God's ways to man.'