Subject: hang during shutdown
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@telstra.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 06/21/1997 22:57:03
Has anyone had problems with hangs during a shutdown?  I've noticed it
every now and then on a pmax, and with a kernel compiled with "options
DEBUG" it seems to be hanging whilst unmounting /var.  /var is the
second file system in /etc/fstab and is NFS mounted, but it successfully
unmounts half a dozen other NFS file system from the same server.  The
root file system is a FFS.

The box with the problem is at work.  I've just shut it down now to try
a new kernel, and got this problem.  I'll investigate Monday when I get
back to work, but I was just checking if anyone else has noticed (and
possibly fixed :-) this behavior in the meantime.

Simon.
--
Simon Burge						simonb@telstra.com.au
UNIX Support, CPR Project, Telstra Corp.		+61 3 9634 3974 (Phone)