Subject: Re: more -current error
To: users current <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Dave Huang <khym@bga.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1997 16:02:58
Those of you having problems with the 53c810 driver might try mailing
freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org or se@freebsd.org (the maintainer of the driver).

COMMAND FAILED (4 28) is Queue Full, BTW... as a workaround, you can add
"options SCSI_NCR_DFLT_TAGS=0" to your kernel config to turn off tagged
command queuing (at the expense of some performance). From what I've read
on the FreeBSD list, some drives will return queue full under certain
conditions, even though the number of outstanding tags is less than the
number of tags the drive supports.

I believe the FreeBSD folks are moving (have moved?) the support for
tagged command queuing out of the individual device drivers into the
generic SCSI layer, which is supposed to make it easier for all drivers to
handle tags correctly.

Sounds cool to me, but I don't know much about such things :) Any NetBSD
developer types have any comments on this?
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 21 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++