Subject: Re: more problems -current
To: None <>
From: Mike Long <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/17/1997 02:09:03
>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 01:03:07 -0500 (CDT)
>From: "Tom T. Thai" <>
>I tried:
># umount /var/spool/news
>umount: /var/spool/news: Device busy
># newfs /dev/rccd0d
>newfs: /dev/rccd0d: Device busy
>how do I unbz this thing so I can try newfs-ing it to see if it's bad?

You're probably running innd or some other process which has something
under /var/spool/news as it's current directory, hence the first
'device busy' message.  '/sbin/shutdown now' should take care of it
(by putting your machine into single-user mode); I would recommend
shutting down to single-user before any major disk surgery.
Mike Long <>