Subject: Re: README: changes to config, to support dump device configuration
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Rob Healey <rob-healey@norstar.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/15/1997 11:32:38
> >> No, and no.  That would require a number of changes... and, what if you
> >> lost inside NFS?  Eek!
> >
> > Huh?  "What if you lost inside NFS?"
>
> Indeed.  (Surprising reply from Jason, must be weary from all the copyright
> battles that I keep having to delete unread *hint hint*)

	Oh wait, you mean current-users really isn't meant for
	current-copyright-whining?... I know I appreciate all the excess
	noise that gets downloaded to my mailbox because of it... NOT!

> "What if you lost inside NFS" didn't seem to prevent Sun from supporting
> "diskless workstations" for eons ...
>
> (Heck, they could even swap over the net before NFS.  Any old farts like me
>  still remember "ND"?  (-: )

	Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! Actually, most of my headaches came more from
	the man/flesh eating Multibus/VME horrid hardware designs in the
	Sun2's and Sun3's than the headaches of ND care and feeding! And
	NFS seemed such a radical change back then, who'd uh thunk the world
	would have changed so much in only a decade or so. Nostolgia violins
	play in the background... B^).

	-Rob