Subject: A vote of thanks to Jason for being in Core
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Jonathan Stone <jonathan@DSG.Stanford.EDU>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 18:48:11
>As I stated earlier, I try very hard to be fair and reasonable, and I
>hope that my track record backs up that claim.  Rest assured that I
>thought about this issue very hard, and that I think a reasonable
>solution was reached.

Oh, dammit.  Given a line like that...

*I'd* like to thank Jason for all the work he's done for the NetBSD
project.  I think Jason stands out head-and-shoulders above the rest
of us involved in the NetBSD Project for his fairness, reasonableness,
and -- most most relevant to this thread thread -- a willingness to
take on ``management''-related issues.

That's never an easy task with either a volunteer project, or with a
collection of people who, on occasion, have strongly-held conflicting
opinions.  The NetBSD project has both, and Jason has done a really
great job at taking on a role that I, for one, wouldnt' touch with a
barge-pole.  And that's _on top of_ contributing astoundingly good
design work and code.