Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Scott Ellis <scotte@netbsd.warped.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 17:29:00
> I disagree.  I've obtained redistribution rights to video's (for
> incorporation into promotional products, and for use as source
> material for other projects), and have never had to go through every
> single person who could possibly by associated with the product.

That's because you paid somebody to handle the details *for* you.
Ideally, we would like it if the NetBSD Foundation were to do this
work for us.   However, if we really want that, we probably have to
pay somebody to do the work, or we have to be patient and wait for
somebody in core to do it.   Saying that the regular BSD copyright
doesn't require you to deal with this issue is probably fine for you,
but I doubt that any major corporation's legal department would agree
with you.

			       _MelloN_