Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
From: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 19:51:02
On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Scott Reynolds wrote:

> On Fri, 13 Jun 1997, Andrew Gillham wrote:
>
> > If I were to submit my EISA ethernet card driver,
> > which is basically two files, would it go into the tree with my
> > copyright and license?
>
> Of course.  It would have to, by the terms of the license.

The question was not whether the code would be accepted with the
license, or accepted without it.  The question was whether it would be
accepted at all if it were so licensed.  GPL'ed code, for example, would
not be.

> > So I would be getting "credit" in advertising,
> > etc for a rather simple contribution.
>
> If specific features were mentioned, e.g. advertising that there was
> support for this EISA Ethernet card, yes.

But Chris's license would require credit be given whether specific
features of the code were mentioned or not.  That is the problem which I
and several others have with it.

--
				Jim Wise
				jim.wise@turner.com