Subject: Re: copyright issue
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: John F. Woods <jfw@jfwhome.funhouse.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 15:52:04
Jaromir Dolecek <dolecek@ics.muni.cz> asks Justin T. Gibbs:
>Did _you_ write any very good code and gave it for free
>for general use instead of selling ? What the hell you thing
>one can have from it besides fun from writing and a credit ?

Hoping to reduce the feeling a lot of people probably have that they need to
spend way too much time defending their own reputations here, I'll point
out that the answer to the first question is "of course he has", and he
is credited in /usr/src/distrib/notes/legal.common and the INSTALL document
built from that.  (And I can tell because he got proper credit. ;-)

That might or might not make him an authority on the properness of Chris'
license, but if one is going to establish that as the credential, one
at least one ought to check whether he had met it...