Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 15:19:02
Jason R. Thorpe wrote:

> If a company is printing an ad, they should already be taking a look
> at what license terms that they have to comply with.  I really don't
> see this as an undue burden.

Just out of curiousity, would "core" accept code from others with
the same license?  If I were to submit my EISA ethernet card driver,
which is basically two files, would it go into the tree with my
copyright and license?  So I would be getting "credit" in advertising,
etc for a rather simple contribution.  Or, perhaps, someone would
undertake to re-write my contribution so it became "unencumbered" by
such a license?

I don't mean to beat the horse into glue, but I just don't see
how such a license is "better" or improved on the BSD license.
Regardless, I have barely contributed zilch, so I have no room
to talk.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.