Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Chris G. Demetriou <>
From: Scott Ellis <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 11:43:35
On Fri, Jun 13, 1997 at 10:57:03AM -0700, Chris G. Demetriou wrote:
> In any case, I decided a while ago that I'm more likely to simply stop
> developing BSD system software in my free time than I am to start
> another fork.  It's just not worth the extra effort.  "One was enough,
> and perhaps too many."  8-)

With all due respect, then that is precisely what you should do.
I will be the first to admit that you have done  one hell of a good job,
and helped the NetBSD project enormously, but if your motives have
changed from "making a good, useful product that others can use
and learn from" to "getting famous", then it seems only logical
that you stop contributing.  This would be a great loss to the
NetBSD project, but not so great as hampering the future of the
NetBSD project to satisfy one individual.

  //    Scott Ellis     //   //   //
// WARNING: This signature warps  time and space in its vicinity    //