Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Chris G. Demetriou <cgd@pa.dec.com>
From: Phil Knaack <flipk@idea.exnet.iastate.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 13:00:31

>> >...until very recently (after a case involving a snafu with some
>> >NetBSD/alpha toolchain code), Chris was not mentioned on the OpenBSD/alpha
>> >www page.

>> 	Until very recently, OpenBSD's alpha port wasn't even active --
>> none of the developers even HAD alphas to work on.

>Uh, if that's the case, then how has it been stated for _months_ on
>their pages that people have been building snapshots of it?

	Well you're asking the wrong guy.  But I'd guess that since the
code is in the tree, some attempt was made at getting the occasional
snapshot out.  But I do know that the usership was very small, and
the developership amounted to one or two people with boxes in the corner
that were not often turned on.  Not my definition of "active."

>You either don't have a clue here, or you're being intentionally
>obtuse.

	This sounds like an attempt at personal insult.  This has
no place here.

>> 	The fact remains that the credit is there now.

>Yes, but current actions alone do not indicate future behaviour.

	As I said before, you're holding a grudge.

Cheers,
Phil
--
Phillip F Knaack
Systems Administrator, Information Development for Extension Audiences (IDEA)