Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Robert Black <>
From: John F. Woods <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 08:20:14
> I would therefore like to propose creating a file called /CONTRIBUTORS (or
> possibly /etc/CONTRIBUTORS) which must be included in all binary distributions,
> documentation and advertising (actually we might want to make an exception to
> the binary distribution rule for embeded systems).

I'd suggest /usr/doc/COPYRIGHT (since that's the first place I looked when
I wanted to make exactly this point).  I think /usr/doc/INSTALL is supposed
to contain a contributors list (judging from the current install-floppy
build process -- but I haven't used install floppies since NetBSD 0.8 :-) ),
but it would probably be handy to have an obviously-named file with both the
terms and conditions and the contributors to whom they apply.