Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Robert Black <r.black@ic.ac.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 06/13/1997 11:51:01
One thing I would like to see would be a standard list of attributions which
can be included with any advertising material or incorporated into any
documentation or binary releases. One of the problems at the moment is that if
someone wants to check that they are complying with the licensing they have to
get their lawyers to check each and every source file. My feeling is that if we
make things easier for people to comply with they are more likely to do so.

I would therefore like to propose creating a file called /CONTRIBUTORS (or
possibly /etc/CONTRIBUTORS) which must be included in all binary distributions,
documentation and advertising (actually we might want to make an exception to
the binary distribution rule for embeded systems). The format of the file will
be such that it is easily parsable (for Easter Eggs). How much detail of
peoples' contributions should be included is an issue for core.

Any comments?

Rob Black