Subject: Re: copyright questions
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/12/1997 13:37:12
> Only for distributors that were violating the original spirit of
> the BSD copyright.  If you were giving appropriate credit, then you
> can still do whatever you like.

This is not accurate.   You are required to follow the terms of the
copyright regardless of your previous behaviour.   If you don't like
the terms, the license does allow for the possibility of negotiating
less onerous terms, but you can't just assume that less onerous terms
automatically apply to you because you're a nice person.

I realize that this sounds a little like picking nits, but it's an
important distinction.

			       _MelloN_