Subject: Re: creating CDROMs
To: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
From: Scott Bartram <scottb@orionsoft.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/12/1997 09:50:44

> >  Even the most stupid NT-Software should be able to write images which you
> > can create with mkisofs. Beware of using mkisofs on big-endian machines.
>
> Actually, one of the only things that the software that came with my
> HP SureStore CD Writer *can't* do is write an arbitrary set of blocks
> to the CD.

As a followup, mkisofs does work without changes on 1.2.1, can be verified
using a vnd device, and my NT software does allow writing of ISO9660
images (once you find the obscure reference).

Thanks to all those that replied.

scott
Scott Bartram                 Orion Software Inc.
scottb@orionsoft.com          http://www.orionsoft.com/