Subject: Re: ext2fs is in the tree
To: Warner Losh <>
From: Zdenek Salvet <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1997 20:58:16
> In message <> Peter Svensson writes:
> : Well, on solaris we have 100% major corruption after 10 tests. Major
> : corruption being defiend as needing to manually nuke i-nodes and similar.
> : (multiple passes of fsck did not solve the problems).
> Yuck!!!!  Maybe I just got lucky?

I run newserver on async mounted filesystem on Solaris ( 24GB, 85 raw disk
transactions per sec), had ~10 crashes due to bugs in AFS and ATM drivers
and I have never had corruption such that "fsck -y" could not clean it so well
that news could continue running.

Zdenek Salvet
           If God had meant for us to be in the Army,
         we would have been born with green, baggy skin.