Subject: ext2fs is in the tree
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Manuel BOUYER <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/11/1997 15:02:24
Thoses of you who watch sources-changes have noticed it, I commited
my ext2fs layer to the source tree today. This include support in the kernel,
and the mount_ext2fs and fsck_ext2fs utilities. The kernel sources
are available in today's sup, but not the userland, cvs was to slow.
Thoses who can't wait for the next sup can grab the
package, and extract the needed sources from it.

This has been heavily tested on my two boxes here, wich have a NetBSD/Linux
boot, and where all my sources are on an ext2 partition. I didn't encounter
major filesystem loose, and fsck_ext2fs always found and corrected the