Subject: Re: Flakiness in build
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/09/1997 16:53:19 (Rick Byers) writes:
> I've been noticing some "flakiness" when building recently.  For example,
> I occasionally get "cc: Internal compiler error: program cc1 got fatal
> signal 10", and signal 11 (bus error and segmentation fault).

Did you by any change just add some DRAM, or started running your cpu
above rated speed?

A friend that bought some cut-rate DRAMs saw exactly this sort of
behavior.  Things would mostly be ok, but compiles would fail with
intermittent off-the-wall gripes.  Replacing the newly acquired junk
DRAM with good Micron DRAM cured the problem.

Wolfgang Rupprecht    <>
Sick of spam?  Check out all the crap we've gotten.