Subject: Re: NetBSD advocacy at work.
To: Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com <michaelv@MindBender.serv.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 06/07/1997 07:57:08
Michael L. VanLoon -- HeadCandy.com wrote:

> Dave Burgess wrote:
> >abandonment of the Alpha, the only real contenders for the multiplatform
> >support are Linux (with three platforms supported) and NetBSD (with 22).

> Two platforms may not be a lot.  And it's a helluva lot less than
> NetBSD supports.  But, to be pedantic, two is still "multi". :-)

Well, in my book, two is 'dual', three is 'tri', and I might be willing
to view four as 'quad', but as twenty-two is an order of magnitude
greater
than two, I don't think it's appropriate to use the same terminology for
both
NetBSD and NT.

NT is dual-platform, NetBSD is multi-platform.

	David W. Maxwell			david@vex.net
		--<  Free your pocketbook -- pay homage to Bill >--
	NT working ports: 386+PC, Dec Alpha
	NT ports in progress: none known..

;-)