Subject: Re: An idea to simplify future updates of (some) /etc files for new releases
To: Erik Bertelsen <erik@sockdev.uni-c.dk>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@hoffman.vix.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/06/1997 09:43:45
> There may, however, be a slight problem in Teds suggestion in fact that
> rc.conf is used by both rc and by netstart.

I think that netstart is probably sufficiently stable at this point
that we don't have to worry about future updates being severely wacky.
If you don't think this is so, maybe we out to hash this out before
releasing 1.3.   If I recall, rc.conf wasn't in 1.2, so we don't care
about backwards compatibility in the 1.3 release.   (If you run
-current, you pays your money and you takes your chances.)

			       _MelloN_