Subject: Re: ftp & account expire
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Dave Burgess <burgess@cynjut.neonramp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 06/05/1997 17:37:26

> Hello,
>
> I'm still not on -current, but I just noticed that ftp doesn't have respect
> for the account expire (and password expire?) times in /etc/passwd.  Even
> when an account has expired, ftpd will let the user log in.
>
> IMHO, this is a bug.  Has anyone fixed this already?  I need a fix for 1.2,
> but if someone has already addressed this problem...

Funny you should mention this:

popper doesn't recognize expired accounts, nor does RADIUS, nor much of anything
that uses the libraries for interfaces into the passwd database.

--
Dave Burgess                   Network Engineer - Nebraska On-Ramp, Inc.
*bsd FAQ Maintainer / SysAdmin for the NetBSD system in my spare bedroom