Subject: How to build correctly ?
To: Current NetBSD <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Eric Delcamp <>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1997 14:09:16

I have decided to build my source tree with USR_OBJMACHINE defined.
Before that, I only setenv UPDATE, so /usr/lib contain libraries,
/usr/include includes, etc....

Now, i have some questions. I make a "make cleandir" to clean up
everything, then a "make obj" to create directories, and a "make build"
(make build take 2 days on my Amiga, so I have the time to ask some
questions ;-)

The result are the following directories :

/usr/obj.amiga/build/usr/lib/* (linked to the following)

I have different version of files in theses directories (like
How to make my system coherent ? Should I make a link on
/usr/obj.amiga/build/usr/include -> /usr/include ?

 |\_/|  Eric Delcamp            | Revendeur de Jeux Video
 ( +)  Amiga User              | Neufs et Occasions
  \~/   Frizbee Corporation     | Consoles et PC
   U    DaggerFall fanatic      |