Subject: Re: ipf
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk>
From: Scott Reynolds <scottr@Plexus.COM>
List: current-users
Date: 06/02/1997 05:22:37
On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Patrick Welche wrote:

> I did a sup -o today, and rebuilt everything, but I still get
>
> # ipf -E
> open device: Operation not supported by device
> SIOCFRENB: Bad file descriptor
> # ipf -f ipfrule
> open device: Operation not supported by device
> ioctl(SIOCADDFR): Bad file descriptor
> # ipmon
> /dev/ipl: open: Operation not supported by device

Provided you have both a new userland and a new kernel, you'll also need
to create /dev/ipnat and /dev/ipstate, as well.  They have the same major
as /dev/ipl, and use minors 1 and 2, respectively.

This was an `oops' in the recent upgrade, and the fixed MAKEDEV scripts
should have already gone out via SUP yesterday.

--scott